Whether it’s on the market or not, you want visitors to your home to have a positive first impression. Adding curb appeal doesn’t have to mean a lot of expense or work. Here are simple no cost ways to boost curb appeal you can do in a weekend.
- Turn your exterior lights on including garage and front porch. Make sure they’re clean.
- Clean windows inside and out until they sparkle. It makes a different inside, too, and makes your home feel sunnier and more welcoming. Instead of relying on a glass cleaner, try a mix of detergent diluted in warm water.
- Turn on your interior lights and leave curtains open where possible. Let people see your cozy dining room or reading room as they pass by.
- Clean up the yard, trim the landscaping and blow or sweep debris away. Turn the nozzle on your garden hose to the strongest setting and clean off your driveway, sidewalk, windows and fence.
- Bring flowers or potted plants to the front yard or porch.
- Simplify your porch furniture and decor. Just as you would aim to simplify the interior of your home so shoppers can envision themselves living there, the exterior of your home should be neutral and welcoming too. Focus on porch decor that offers pops of color and character.
- Clean your front door and dust off your welcome mat. Pay special attention to scuff marks and hardware.
- Touch up the exterior paint and make repairs where necessary.
- Make sure your house number is clearly marked and visible from the street.
- Hide eyesores. Place a small lattice fence or a side of paneling around your air conditioner, and hide your trash bins behind a small fence. You can also hide your hose in a pot or storage bench.
If you do hope to put your home on the market soon, reach out to me and I’ll make sure you invest your time and energy into the projects that make the most sense for your bottom line. We can also discuss staging ideas for inside your home and I can answer any other questions you have. Contact Drew Dumas Realtor at (602) 403-0458.